1982 Grand Banks 42 Motoryacht
Yacht price :
CHILKOOT is a prime example of the aft-cabin trawler than earned Grand Banks its coveted reputation. Ordered by an experienced yachtsman and moored under cover her entire life, this three-owner motoryacht has the rare three stateroom layout with two heads...each with a stall shower. CHILKOOT sparkles like a diamond with gleaming gelcoat, glistening brightwork and honey-colored decks, which speak to the superb care she has received throughout her lifetime.
Powered by durable and reliable twin 120-horsepower Ford-Lehman diesels, she will cruise at 8 knots all day long and burn a scant 2.5 gph.
CHILKOOT was factory-equipped and outfitted for long-range self-sustained cruising. Updated and maintained regularly, she is ready to cruise the Inside Passage to Alaska or anywhere else her new owners point her bow.
- Grand Banks
- 42 Motoryacht
- Friday Harbor, WA, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 42 ft - 12.8 meter
- 43 ft 3 in - 13.18 meter
- 14 ft 1 in - 4.29 meter
- Draft - max:
- 4 ft 2 in - 1.27 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- 25 ft 6 in - 7.77 meter
- Dry Weight:
- 40700 lbs
- Cruise Speed:
- 9 MPH - 7.82 KTS
- 1726 MI
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 120 (Individual), 240 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- 12 MPH - 10.43 KTS
- Fuel Tank:
- 600 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 380 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 57 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
CHILKOOT is a spacious three-stateroom motoryacht with full-beam aft master stateroom featuring a queen-sized walk-around berth with new premium mattress and ensuite head with walk-in shower. A second stateroom with v-berths is located in the bow and a third stateroom with lower twin berth and upper pull-out bunk is located forward to port. To starboard on the accommodations level is a guest head with walk-in stall shower.
Privacy is afforded the owner and guests by separating the berthing areas with a spacious salon featuring an L-shaped settee and dining table, bar with icemaker and lower helm with side deck access to starboard. To port is the galley featuring a Princess 3-burner electric stove with oven, a double stainless steel sink, a Sub Zero under-counter refrigerator, a microwave oven and numerous drawers and storage lockers. Located forward is a huge holding-plate freezer capable of keeping foods frozen for several days without operating the compressor.
A hallmark of Grand Banks yachts are wide teak-covered walk-around decks that make docking and anchoring safe and convenient. The condition of the decks encircling CHILKOOT are exceptional and show the care and attention her owners have taken throughout the years.
Three steps up from the walkaround leads to the boat deck with convenient access to the davit and Boston Whaler tender with new Suzuki 20HP outboard engine. A rail-mounted barbeque and generous seating space makes this the focal point for outdoor entertaining.
Another three steps up and you are on the bimini-covered flybridge. A center helm chair is flanked by seating for six guest with abundant storage below.
- Premium aluminum window frames in lieu of wooden frames to eliminate leakage and minimize maintenance. Windows were recently serviced with new felts that allow for easy opening and closing.
- Wide teak-covered walk-around decks that make docking and anchoring safe and convenient. Decks are exceptional and show the care and attention her owners have taken throughout the years.
- Unique forward-hinged mast with lifting strut that allows the mast to be easily lowered to pass under low bridges or into a boathouse.
- Self-deploying safety raft located on the foredeck.
- Anchor pulpit houses a Muir windlass with 30kG Bruce anchor and 300 feet of galvanized chain.
- Boat deck mounted electric davit for launching and retrieving an 11-foot Boston Whaler tender equipped with a new Suzuki 20HP outboard engine.
- Complete set of weather covers for railings, gunwale caps, windows and flybridge seating.
- Flybridge bimini top on type 316 stainless steel framework
- Princess 3-burner electric stove with oven.
- Sub-Zero below counter single-door refrigerator.
- Double-bowl stainless steel sink with cutting board covers.
- U-Line ice maker.
- Grunert single-door holding-plate freezer.
- Sharp carousel microwave oven.
- Abundant drawers and storage lockers.
- Northern Lights 8kW generator with sound enclosure (883 hours).
- Magnum 2850W inverter with dedicated battery bank. Includes eight 6VDC AGM batteries installed 2018.
- Balmar battery monitor with autocharge switching.
- 30-amp shorepower with 50-foot cord and SmartPlug.
- Ground fault interrupter on AC outlets.
- KVH TV3 satellite tv receiver with sat-phone.
- Twin Ford-Lehman model 2715E 120HP diesel engines (3880 hours).
- Borg-Warner Velvet Drive transmissions.
- Duplex Racor engine fuel filters with switching valves and differential pressure guages.
- Upgraded fuel supply and return manifold.
- Fuel tanks inspected, cleaned and fuel polished.
- HRO 400GPD watermaker.
- Water system upgraded with new plumbing, pump and pressure tank.
- Boat plumbed and wired for clothes washer and dryer.
- Webasto 4-zone diesel-fired hydronic cabin heating system.
- Furuno NavNet 3D GPS with chartplotter. (x2)
- Furuno 64-mile open-array radar.
- Furuno RD-30 digital Depth/Speed/Water Temp monitor (x2).
- Furuno NavNet 3D integrated fishfinder with dedicated 2kHz transducer. (x2)
- Furuno 704A networked autopilot.
- Sitex backup audible flasher depth sounder.
- Icom M-127 VHF radio.
- Furuno single-sideband short wave radio.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.