1988 Grand Banks 32 Sedan
Yacht price :
Quite possibly the cleanest GB 32 currently on the market just listed 3-30-21.
More details to follow.
The Grand Banks 32 is the seaworthy icon that has never gone out of fashion.
This is a very tidy example with numerous improvements and refined details. With a single Ford Lehman Super 135's and Panda generator Raymarine GPS & radar she is ready for her next owners. The condition of this boat is to good to pass up, if you are in the market for a boat such as this you will kick yourself for not taking advantage of a unique opportunity. This boat should not last very long, please call in advance to set up a personal showing.
Since production stopped for the 32 in 1993 the demand has steadily increased for the above average boats and hull #800 should come as no surprise. Known for superior offshore performance and unmatched quality in the power cruising market this well built boat offers a very bright future for her next owner. Built in Singapore the Grand Banks has always been in a league of their own. There were alot of boats that looked similar to the Grand Banks but few ever held up as well over time and this is a perfect example.
- Grand Banks
- 32 Sedan
- Long Beach, CA, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 32 ft - 9.75 meter
- 35 ft - 10.67 meter
- 11 ft 6 in - 3.51 meter
- Draft - max:
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- 9 MPH - 7.82 KTS
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Direct Drive
- Fuel Type:
- 135 (Individual), 135 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 250 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 110 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 30 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
- (2) Raymarine Displays radar, GPS, Fishfinder C120 (2010)
- Simrad AP16 autopilot
- Standard Horizon Eclipse VHF radio
- Simpson Lawrence Anchorman electric windlass 300' chain 35 #CQR
- Sidepower bow thruster
- SCR 400AM watermaker (17GPH) has not been pickled
- Sealand Vacuflush head
- Extended swim platform
- Transom door
- Hot & cold cockpit shower
- Panda 6kw generator
Grand Banks 32
No compromise has been made in the design and construction of the Grand Banks 32 which incorporates well thought out safety features to add to your cruising confidence. These features include dependable mechanical stainless steel cable to quadrant steering with emergency steering capability, automatic alarm panels on both helm stations monitoring engine oil pressure, water temperature, transmission oil temperature, bilge pump operation and switch off reminder light for engine room lights, circuit breakers protecting all electric circuits, sea cocks on all thru hull fittings below the waterline, automatic bilge pump located for quick access from salon. All hoses are double clamped below the waterline for safety. In addition, life rails and grab rails are provided all around the cabin and flybridge. Three ply laminated safety glass is used throughout. The engine room is ventilated by electric blowers; the bilge is protected from engine oil a molded fiberglass pan; each fuel tank is fitted with sight gauges with safety shut off valves. A fuel manifold panel controls the flow and return of diesel from each fuel tank through easily accessible Racor filters. All thru hulls, underwater running gear, tanks and deck fills are copper bonded and connected to a single point at the engine frame. With 110 gallons of water and 250 gallons of fuel in her standard tanks, you can remain away from civilization for weeks at a time.
Having such a great layout, the Grand Banks 32 will always be popular with boaters. The large cockpit is the hub that affords easy access into the salon, up to the flybridge, to the swim step or to the bow.
Ford Lehman History
Ford Super Lehman 2715E 6D380 Evolution
Lehman pioneered the marinization of engines as far back as 1932. By 1980 the Lehman Econ-O-Power trademark was recognized and respected by boat builders and owners throughout the world. For over 50 years, Lehman had been an organization of dedicated boatmen with a keen appreciation of the proper specification and operation of marine power. The compact design of Lehman Econ-O-Power diesels with special monobloc cast iron exhaust manifolds has shell type tubular heat exchangers and coolers for streamlined appearance and long lasting operation. The Lehman Econ-O-Power engine is built using a Ford engine as the "base" unit. Lehman manufactured and provided the "conversion" equipment... those parts that are needed to adapt the Ford engine to marine use. One of Lehmans' most popular diesels, this 380 cubic inch engine is conservatively rated at 120 horsepower at 2500 rpm. This model engine has a long history of thoroughbred performance, beginning in 1958 as the Ford Dagenham diesel. Also contributing to the popularity of this engine are the same high performance, high economy features which characterize all Lehman Power diesel marine engines.
The four cycle design, high compression ratio and overhead valves assure clean burning, odor free combustion. The resulting maximization of fuel economy and dependable performance have established this engine as a "pacesetter" among commercial operators, and a favorite of boaters.
Underlying its rugged performance is its rugged construction...a deep, rigid block. The crankshaft is equipped with large diameter crankpins and main bearings. Four hole injectors are fed by an efficient Simms piston-type fuel injection pump which is driven directly by camshaft gearing. This eliminates the exposed auxiliary drive shaft and couplings that were used in earlier models. Lehman diesel marine engines turn counter-clockwise (viewed from the stern of the boat facing forward). Borg-Warner transmissions offer positive acting, smooth dependable performance under varied loads.
The Super Lehmans were introduced in 1984 and were offered in the 90,135, 160 & 225 horsepower ratings. The Super series 135 was a significant improvement to a proven 120hp design and benefited from the following features including bright red paint and chrome rocker cover, air filter and filler caps
- New high efficiency marine manifold, one piece manifold. Fresh-water cooled exhaust manifold with patented mono-block design allows lower overall engine height. Heavy, cast-iron construction for long life and dependability
- New gas flowed design ensures maximum engine power, minimum noise and minimum fuel consumption
- New space saving expansion tank, down angled design tank with ingenious de-aeration system minimizes engine height for tight installations
- New slim fit cooling circuit, coolers have stronger integral construction and are positioned along the engine making a slim fit with more reliability
- Smoother operation, new high inertia flywheel gives smooth flexible power
- Quieter engines, stiffer and stronger block and head to reduce noise
- Easily serviced, no need to re-torque cylinder heads after initial run-in, to manually bleed the fuel system nor to add lubricating oil to the fuel injection pump
- Extended injector servicing, valve clearance checks and fuel filter replacement periods.
- Even lower fuel consumption, new helical flow induction ports and larger inlet valves ensure better breathing.
- New combustion chamber developed to obtain the best fuel air mixing for a faster, smoother, more efficient combustion
- New high efficiency produces more power for less fuel
- New Longer life, new machining processes and high technology materials combine to give longer life
The Ford Lehman 6D380 is a in-line six cylinder, four cycle, overhead valve, naturally aspirated (non turbo) diesel combustion engine
- Bore / Stroke 4.22 ins x 4.524 ins: 107mm x 115 mm
- Displacement: 380 cu ins or 6.22 litres
- Gross Power: 135 bhp at 2600 rpm
- Compression ratio: 16.1:1
- Oil Capacity: 14.6 US quarts or 15 litres
- Raw Water Cooling system: tubular copper or cupro-nickel heat exchanger with zinc anti-corrosion pencil. Efficient fresh-water cooling through shell and tube-type, copper heat exchanger. Horizontally mounted to eliminate sediment build-up, with access covers for quick cleaning. No aluminum to rot or disintegrate.
- 12 volt starting motor
- 70 amp alternator with integral solid state voltage regulator and automatic oil pressure switch (for energizing or disconnecting the system on engine start-up or shut-down).
- Gear driven raw water pump, constructed of bronze with ball bearings for dependability and longer service life.
- Rubber impeller for maximum water flow.
- Flexible fuel supply line prevents fuel supply line from breaking
- Spin-on, disposable-cartridge oil filter is easily accessible and easy to replace
- Pressurized cooling system
- Racor 500 water fuel separtors
- Morse cable throttle & transmission controls
- 2765 hours
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.