2006 Grand Banks Eastbay 39SX
Yacht price :
MON CHERI is a bristol example of 'Downeast' yacht design popularized by the Grand Banks Eastbay and leaves nothing to be desired. Custom-built for an experienced yachtsman and properly optioned for Northwest cruising, her owner commissioned noted yacht interior decorator, Sylvia Bolton, to personalize her living spaces which feature textured wall coverings, premium leather upholstery, custom teak furniture and natural soft goods that impart a warmth unlike any Eastbay ever built. Always moored under cover and professionally maintained to an incredibly high standard, MON CHERI will not disappoint the most discriminating yachtsman.
- Grand Banks
- Eastbay 39SX
- Edmonds, WA, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- MON CHERI
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 39 ft - 11.89 meter
- 42 ft 5 in - 12.93 meter
- 13 ft 3 in - 4.04 meter
- Draft - max:
- 3 ft 4 in - 1.01 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- 25101 lbs
- Cruise Speed:
- 23 MPH - 19.99 KTS
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 480 (Individual), 960 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- 32 MPH - 27.81 KTS
- Fuel Tank:
- 352 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 100 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 28 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Board MON CHERI across her swim platform and through the transom door to enter the spacious teak-lined cockpit with built-in seating and generous storage. At the forward corners, steps lead to wide walk-around decks that make anchoring, securing fenders and line handling safe and comfortable. Amidship in the cockpit two steps lead to the door into the salon.
The salon is arranged with an L-shaped settee and storage ottoman aft to port and an electronics cabinet with flat-screen TV on a lift to starboard. Forward to port is a hand-made custom teak cabinet housing the U-Line Icemaker topped by a hide-away leather-covered companion seat. Forward to starboard is the helm station housing complete instrumentation and navigation electronics. Abaft the helm station is a leather-covered Stidd Admiral pedestal helm chair offering superior comfort and uninterrupted sight line in all directions. Note that a brand new matching helm chair is available should the new owner wish to install it.
The interior of MON CHERI has a warmth and comfort that is unique among Eastbay yachts. Noted marine interior decorator Sylvia Bolton was commissioned to customize the accommodations where she used a pallet of textured wall coverings, premium soft goods, hand-selected leather hides and hand-built teak furniture to create an atmosphere that is timeless and comfortable yet reflective of the marine environment.
Forward amidship in the salon one descends three steps to the accommodations level. Immediately to port is a leather-covered convertible dinette that surrounds the custom teak dining table sporting a compass rose as its centerpoint. Forward of the dinette is a built-in china locker, ideal for housing dinnerware, glasses and barware. Opposite the dinette to starboard is the head with walk-in shower, VacuFlush fresh-water toilet, premium cultured-stone countertops and generous storage housed in teak cabinetry. Forward and to starboard is the galley featuring, under-counter refrigeration, two-burner electric cooktop, built-in microwave oven, corner sink, cultured-stone countertops, and hand-finished teak cabinetry. The entire mid-accommodations level is bathed in light from the salon windshields immediately above.
Fully forward on the accommodations level is the master stateroom. On centerline is a queen-sized berth recently upgraded with a premium-comfort custom mattress. The master stateroom has abundant storage with hanging lockers to port and starboard and large storage drawers beneath the foot of the berth. Clothed in soft-touch wall coverings accented by teak battens, the master stateroom is both elegant and comfortable.
MON CHERI is equipped for Northwest cruising and includes the following:
- Twin YANMAR 6LYSM 430HP electonically-managed diesel engines with digital throttle and shift. Mains have fewer than 900 Total Engine Hours.
- TIDES dripless Propulsion Shaft Seals.
- PropSpeed-coated TEINBRIDGE precision-balanced 5-blade props.
- ONAN MDKBL 9kW generator with sound enclosure. (200 hours)
- RACOR MA500 Fuel Filters.
- SEAFIRE Series 3000 automatic fire suppression system with integrated engine and generator shutdown switches.
- REVERSO engine, transmission and generator oil change system.
- BENNETT trim tabs.
- FURUNO NavNet VX2 Navigation Electronics including dual Monitors, color Depth Sounder/Fish Finder, GPS/Chartplotter, 4kW closed-array Radar, and Simrad Autopilot with Wireless Remote.
- ICOM 502 VHF Radio with Master Stateroom Remote.
- HIDE-A-DAVIT hydraulic Tender Cradle.
- WEBASTO diesel-fired hot-air Cabin Heater installed Jan 2017
- COMPU-TANK Tank Monitor.
- TANKWATCH Holding Tank Monitor.
- BATTERY BANKS including (2) 8D AGM Starting Batteries (2015 and 2019), (1) 8D + (1) 4D AGM House Batteries (2014) , (1) Group 27 Generator Starting Battery, recently upgraded to include PRO-NAUTIC 1240 3-Bank Battery Charger with Digital DuoCharge 30-Amp Combiner/Isolator, and ProSine Galvanic Isolator. Engine Charging System includes (2) BALMAR 110-Amp Alternators plus an onboard spare.
- 30-Amp SHORE POWER SYSTEM with 50-foot cord and SmartPlug Connector.
- Single KAHLENBERG air horns.
- OCEANAIRE Sky Screens for stateroom overhead hatches.
- MAXWELL Freedom Windlass with 250 feet of 5/16" BBB galvanized chain, 141 feet of nylon rode and 20KG galvanized plow anchor.
- KVH TracVision Satellite Television Reciever paired to Sony KLV 19" Flat Screen Television.
MON CHERI has always been moored under cover and her condition shows exceptional care. Her dark blue gelcoat is waxed annually and remains clear, deep and glossy. The bonded Teak cockpit sole is bright and free of imperfections and her teak gunwale caps glisten with 5 coats of freshly applied varnish.
Engines, generator and mechanical systems are professionally maintained on a strict schedule exceeding the manufacturer's recommendations, using only the best parts and lubricants. A professional diver is employed to inspect underwater surfaces quarterly and is authorized to replace anything found to be near the end of its useful service life. PropSpeed was applied to underwater running gear in October 2017 and remains in excellent condition. MON CHERI's bottom was repainted in October 2019 and all zincs were all replaced in July 2019.
Certain photographs of MON CHERI show a tender mounted on the transom davit which is not included in the sale of the primary vessel. Tender is a 10-foot RIGID foam-filled, rigid- bottom, center-console design, equipped with a 20HP Tohatsu 4-stroke outboard engine. If interested, owner may consider selling tender separately. Contact Broker for further details.
The Company offers details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agent or surveyor to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.